- Foreign Exchange (FOREX) is the arena where a nation’s currency is exchanged for that of another. The foreign exchange market is the largest financial market in the world, with the equivalent of over $1.9 trillion changing hands daily; more than three times the aggregate amount of the US Equity and Treasury markets combined. Unlike other financial markets, the Forex market has no physical location and no central exchange (off-exchange). It operates through a global network of banks, corporations and individuals trading one currency for another. The lack of a physical exchange enables the Forex market to operate on a 24-hour basis, spanning from one zone to another in all the major financial centers.
- Traditionally, retail investors’ only means of gaining access to the foreign exchange market was through banks that transacted large amounts of currencies for commercial and investment purposes. Trading volume has increased rapidly over time, especially after exchange rates were allowed to float freely in 1971. Today, importers and exporters, international portfolio managers, multinational corporations, speculators, day traders, long-term holders and hedge funds all use the FOREX market to pay for goods and services, transact in financial assets or to reduce the risk of currency movements by hedging their exposure in other markets.
- MG Financial, now operating in over 100 countries, serves all manner of clients, comprising speculators and strategic traders. Whether its day-traders looking for short-term gains, or fund managers wanting to hedge their non-US assets, MGs DealStation allows them to participate in FOREX trading by providing a combination of live quotes, Real-Time charts, and news and analysis that attracts traders with an orientation towards fundamental and/or technical analysis.
How can I start trading Forex?
- You’ll need to register a trading account with a Forex broker, such as Marketiva. Then you can begin using their Forex client program to buy and sell currencies. This will take less than 5 minutes of your time!
Who owns Forex and where is it located?
- It’s not owned by anyone in particular. Forex is an Interbank market, meaning that it’s transactions are conducted only between two participants – seller and the buyer. So as long as existing banking system will exist, Forex will be here. It’s not connected to any specific country or government organization.
What the working hours of Forex market?
- Forex market is open from 22:00 GMT Sunday (opening of Australia trading session) till 22:00 GMT Friday (closing of USA trading session).
What are the “long” and “short” positions?
- Long position is a “buy” position, meaning that this position will be in profit if price goes up.
- Short position is a “sell” position, meaning that this position will be in profit if price goes down.
What is the best Forex trading strategy?
- There is none. You should constantly develop your own strategies for every possible market situation, if you want to be in profit. Specific strategies can only be good for a certain period of time and for certain currency pairs.
How much money I need to start trading Forex?
- With Marketiva you can start trading Forex with as little as $1. Usually, the minimum amount varies from $100 to $10,000 ($100,000 and more for Interbank trading).
Your question was not answered here?
Contact me and I will answer it! Click Hear